14/10/2021 JANUARY EVENT DATE - ALERT LEVEL 2 CAPABILITY UNDER REVIEW We are closely following the ever changing Government rules on Alert Levels and what’s possible for the event for each one. We’re ready to go ahead in January with a Level 1 event. We’ll update you on 22 November what the event will look like at higher Alert Levels and what that means for our participants.
13/10/2021 NEW WHAKA 100 2021 DATES - REMINDER ON PARTICIPANT OPTIONS Participants of the Whaka 100 2021 have had their entires automatically moved to the new dates 29-30 January. As per our email to participants, if this date doesnt work, there are two options open to you. Event credits must be claimed by 5pm Monday 18 October. Transfers to other riders' deadline has been extended to the end of November.
21/09/2021 - 1.30pm DECISION DATE - CHANGED TO 4 OCTOBER Due to the latest government review date of COVID-19 alert levels we will now make the final decision on how to proceed at 5pm on the 4th of October.
20/09/2021 - 4.50pm REVIEW POST-ANNOUNCEMENT Following today's 4.00pm Government announcement, we'll be reviewing the new information over the next 48 hours. Please check back here shortly.
14/09/2021 - 4.10pm LEVEL 2 REGION PARTICIPANTS ABLE TO TRAVEL TO LEVEL ONE EVENTS The COVID-19 rules for events have been updated on ww.w.covid19.govt.nzwhich allows a level two participant to travel to a level one event. The Race Director has sought confirmation/clarification from the Prime Minister's office, the official response is below:
10/09/2021 - 4.10pm VIDEO UPDATE FROM RACE DIRECTOR Clarifications on the information on this page with regards to split alert levels, our decision making process and why we've chosen 1 October as when we'll decide to proceed or defer the event to our backup date.
28/08/2021 - 10.00am ENTRIES NOW OPEN AGAIN Entry services are have now reopended for new entries, distance changes, deferrals and transfers. 26/08/2021 - 1.00pm EVENT STATUS DECISON MAKING PROCESS UPDATED After review of the COVID-19 NZ Government Legislation and World Health Organisation in consultation industry experts the event has made chagnes to the event status matrix below
25/08/2021 - 2.40pm EXTENDED HOLD ON ENTRY, CHANGES, DEFERRALS AND TRANSFERS Still in effect. We'll be in touch with participants and riders looking to enter as soon as the hold is lifted, with information on your options.
INFORMATION ON HOW EVENT WILL PROCEED AT ALERT LEVELS ADDED - SEE BELOW. We've added details on how different alert levels as we approach the event will affect its running. Our decision is made on the saftey of participants and our ability to provide the Whaka 100 experience.
25/08/2021 - 9.40am FAT TYRE CRIT CANCELLED We have been forced to make the decision to cancel the Fat Tyre Crit at the Whaka 2021. With additional resources going into ensuring a safe and fun event within any potentially new guidelines for Level 1 or Level 2.
20/08/2021 - 3:45pm EXTENDED HOLD - ALL ENTRY PURCHASES, CHANGES, DEFERRALS AND TRANSFERS HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD UNTIL THE NEXT GOVERNMENT COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT EXPECTED AT 1PM MONDAY 23 AUGUST 2021 This will allow the event team to ensure we meet any changes to COVID-19 rules and provide participants with clear information. The event has COVID safe plans to operate at both level 1 & 2 restrictions as per the current Covid-19 rules.
20/08/2021 - 9:30am ALL ENTRY PURCHASES, CHANGES, DEFERRALS AND TRANSFERS HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD UNTIL THE NEXT GOVERNMENT COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT EXPECTED AT 3PM FRIDAY 20 AUGUST 2021 This will allow the event team to ensure we meet any changes to COVID-19 rules and provide participants with clear information. The event has COVID safe plans to operate at both level 1 & 2 restrictions as per the current COVID-19 rules.
19/08/2021 - 11:21am REMINDER - AN INVITATION TO AUSTRALIAN PARTICIPANTS TO DEFER TO 2022 AS PER THE EVENT COVID-19 POLICY This communication was sent via email to the affected participant. Please check your spam/promotions folders.
23/07/2021 - 3:14pm DUE TO NZ BORDER RESTRICTIONS, AUSTRALIAN PARTICIPANTS HAVE BEEN INVITED TO DEFER TO 2022 AS PER THE EVENT COVID-19 POLICY. This communication was sent via email to the affected participant. Please check your spam/promotions folders.
Event at alert levels
How will different Alert Level affect the Whaka 100 in the run up to the event? Depending our Alert Level as we enter the final approach to the event, we will make the final decision on how to proceed at 5pm on the 22 of November. We will keep you in the loop by email so be sure you're subscribed to our updates.
Level 1 🟢 Event will go ahead – minor changes The event will go ahead as planned if Rotorua is at level one. The event does not require the whole country to be at level one, level two regions are permitted to travel to a level one event to participate. There may some changes to the Whaka 100’s minor events due to the impact of August’s lockdown. COVID Tracer QR codes and hand sanitiser stations will be placed throughout the event as standard. You are required to sign in on arrival.
Level 2 🔴UNDER REVIEW Level 3 🔴 Event will move to backup dates 29-30 January 2022 We will postpone the event and move to our backup dates of 29-30 January 2022. See below for more information on how this will affect you.
Level 4 🔴 Event will move to backup dates 29-30 January 2022 We will postpone the event and move to our backup dates of 29-30 January 2022. See below for more information on how this will affect you.
What if COVID-19 prevents the event going ahead as scheduled? Where possible, the Emerson's Whaka100 will be rescheduled. If this happens all participants will have their entry moved to the new date of 29/30 January 2022. If the new event date is not suitable to the participant, an event credit for 2022 events that can be provided which can be used at any event excluding the proceeding Whaka100 Event in the NDuro Event portfolio
If you become sick with COVID like symptoms If you exhibit COVID like symptoms in the period between 15-29 January 2022, please stay home. We will organise an entry transfer free of charge to next years event or to another event within the next 11 months provided you have a medical certificate that outlines that you must self isolate due to COVID-19 like symptoms .
Regional COVID restrictions (NZ) Any participant in a region that has been restricted from travelling to other parts of New Zealand at the exact time of the event will be able to organise an entry transfer to next years event or another event in the Nduro Events portfolio within the next 11 months. Participants affect must provide a utility bill header with their address on it, date within the month of January.
International Participants All international participants that cannot attended the event due to the COVID-19 border restrictions will have their entries rolled over to 2022 Whaka100 event at no additional charge.